Monday, July 26, 2010

Clothes and 2 weeks old!

2wks

Addison is 2 weeks old. Jared and I had a date with our daughter last night. She is doing well. She no longer has an IV and she is off the photo therapy which means....CLOTHES!!!! I am of course thrilled that she is doing so well medically but the girl in me has been anticipating the clothing thing for about 2 weeks. Actually I have probably been dreaming of dressing a little girl since I myself was a little girl dressing my dolls. Don't worry you will not be seeing me on "Toddlers and Tiaras" but girl clothes are certainly fun!

Addison weighs 990 grams which is just about 2 lbs. 2 oz. She is finally back at birth weight! She is taking 2 feeds per day from a bottle and she is doing well with those. Her stomach remains soft which is great. She is up to 17 cc's/feeding. Those are all the facts. Daddy and I are ready for her to grow and come home but the boys like things they way they are. When I asked Alex yesterday if he wanted Addison to come home soon he said "No". Eli responded the same way. I guess we should be thankful that it is not up to them. :)

a



6 comments:

jennyonthespot said...

Came here via Mariah... Have read through several posts... It is great to read Addison is doing so well. I will be praying for all of you... for rest and snuggles and those sweet boys of yours :)

Liz said...

lol at the boy's response. Yay for two weeks!! It will only be a matter of time. So glad all is well!!

Margaret said...

She is so cute!

Crazy About My Boys said...

She is such a sweet baby! I love seeing her in "girl" clothes!! So excited she is doing so good!!

Anonymous said...

Becky I don't know how you guys are doing it. They took Joshua today straight from the Dr to the NICU at Childrens and life as I know it has changed. The hardest thing for me to do was leave tonight. I cried all the way home and still haven't stopped. No one can love him like I can or hold him like I can. I don't know how you have done this twice now. I have a new respect for you! I just hope I handle it as gracefully as you are.

Shelly said...

What precious pictures!! So happy she is IV free! It's great hearing about her getting stronger everyday. God is good:)