Saturday, July 3, 2010

30 weeks (tomorrow)

Weekends at the hospital are LONG. There isn't much of the usual routine. I don't go down for testing. They do everything bedside which means little time out of my room. Weekends, even when I was at home on bedrest, were always the hardest. I think because when life was a bit more normal I always knew that Jared would be home and we would plan fun things to go and do and right now that is not reality.

Jared and the boys aren't coming up today. Jared took them to see Toy Story 3. We have been looking forward to taking them to their first movie for quite a while and we thought this movie would be the best to start with. They had fun. Eli was mesmerized and anyone who knows him will not be surprised by this. He is an avid tv watcher and if I'd let him he'd watch it all the time. Alex got a little antsy and told Jared he wanted to leave and come see me. :) You gotta love that. They went to church tonight which makes for a full day for a couple of 3 year olds.

I filled my day with some movies and magazines and a shower. Now I decided to make a video of the boys trips to the "hos-a-bull" as Alex calls it. Enjoy!

Oh as far as me and Addison. We continue to do well and they watch her closely. The doctor who rounded today said that their written goal continues to be 34 weeks. YIKES! That is another month but I am thankful to continue to carry her. I really am. It is just difficult to wrap my head around 4 more weeks without my husband and boys. I will do what is required of me but this is a whole new challenge I must say. Jared and I have always said that the boys being in the NICU and born at 27 weeks was the most difficult time in our lives but I think we have a new standard. This is tough but I first started having trouble at 22 weeks and here I am 8 weeks later. I find myself saying "Thank you Lord but how in the world am I going to handle this?" As is the theme for this current challenge I truly can't think of more than today. And today, I am pregnant and safe, Addison is safe, Jared has managed to keep his sanity and Alex and Eli are healthy 3 year olds.

Enjoy the video. Alex is front and center for most of it. He just tends to cooperate with the camera a bit more while Eli will just tell me "no" when I ask him to sing or talk. It all depends on his mood. :)




3 comments:

Liz said...

The video isn't showing up for me. The boys look like they have a blast when they visit you and they look like they got haircuts too. They have gotten so big! Glad all is still status quo. Happy 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I'm checking often. So happy for another day. God is so good. Here is the blog of another lady who I think is having somewhat of the same issues with her pregnancy. She is delivering now at just 27 weeks. Prayers for both of you.

Valerie

http://our-journey-to-parenthood.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Juniper said...

Wow, a lot has gone down since I was last here! I've missed you and now I will say a little prayer for you and Addison :)