Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm 1/2 way there

I'm laying in bed while MK plays with the boys outside. Addie is asleep. I am in bed recovering from my Essure procedure that I had yesterday. Essure is supposed to "ensure" that I don't have any more babies. It is pretty awesome in that I got to the office at 12:45 and left around 3pm. I wasn't in pain just a bit drugged up and today I feel fine I am just a bit sleepy. LOVE that. It isn't so awesome in that it only worked on one side. Yep, I have to do it again.

This was a risk I was aware of but I figured it wouldn't happen to me. Why I thought this I am not sure. Nothing that has to do with this part of my life (i.e. getting pregnant, birthing babies, etc.) has been easy. So now I have to decide my next move.

The first thing I said to Jared while I was still doped up and fresh into the recovery room was "Did it work?" He shook his head no and I began to weep. WEEP. Like, my dog just died, kind of weeping. I blame the drugs partially but I admit to being really bummed that I have to coordinate all of this again. I laugh now that I completely lost it. The poor nurse, although I am sure she understands. They know I have had 3 preemies and I know my ob was probably turning cartwheels when he heard I was having the procedure done.

Ok enough of that. I have been having fun with my new camera and since I have time I will upload and post some of thos pictures.



IMG_0093


IMG_0017


IMG_0015


I plan to post more pics of the boys soon. Alex REALLY like to ham it up for the camera.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Lovely photos!

Liz said...

Your pics are awesome! What kind of camera did you get? they are so crisp and clear. Sorry the procedure didn't work- i was thinking of having this done as well. Sorry I have not read your blog/much less any blog in a long time. I missed your writing and glad I've gotten caught up!