Tuesday, August 24, 2010

She's doing great

People ask "How's Addison?" and I reply "She is doing great. She just needs to take all of her bottles and she's outta there!"

This is the truth. She is, in fact, doing really well and for that we are so thankful, but she is not home and I miss her a little more each day.

The older and more alert she gets the harder it is to say goodbye to her promising that Daddy will be back later and that I will see her again tomorrow.

Ugh. I'm tired of it.

I am thankful that it is a dreary day and therefore good for napping because that is where I am headed.

We continue to pray for bottle success because we are 44 days into the NICU portion of this journey and almost 4 months into this entire ordeal and we are drained.

I mentioned to Addison that if she comes home Mommy can hold her way more often and she gets to sleep in a beautiful, custom made for her, nursery. I am hoping this is the motivation that she needed. :)

4 comments:

LauraC said...

I am so sorry you have to go through this a second time! I have been hoping and hoping she will be home soon!

Kari said...

I am hoping for you to be holding your little girl in your arms, in the custom made nursery - very soon!

Liz said...

Sending strength to get through this and hope that she comes home this week! P.S. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

AmandaZ said...

I hope your daughter comes home soon! There is nothing like holding your kids in your arms in your own home. There is just no comparison!