Friday, August 6, 2010

A Good Day

It is only 9 a.m. but I am going to declare this a good day or should I say a "well" day. I just spoke with Addison's nurse and she had a great night and took her full 25 cc bottle "well". They NEVER say "well". It is always "poor" to "fair". As a parent it is a bummer to hear anything but "YOUR CHILD IS AMAZING!" and I already hate "fair to poor". :) Silly, I know. Anyways, little miss thing has been taking a full bottle "well" for Mommy for weeks but she has been refusing to do that for the nurses other than periodically. I've been a bit discouraged about it that past few days and wishing that I could be there for more feedings.

Addie's "performance" depends on whether or not she takes the full feeding from a bottle without them having to gavage part of it. It also depends on how well she does with her a's and b's and breathing. This is one time in her life I DON'T want her to get a's and b's because that stands for apneas and bradys. It also depends on her taking it within 30 minutes. If it takes her much more time than that it wears her out too much.

I credit Addie's bottle success for me to my stubborness. I am determined to keep her awake until she swallows every last bit. Jared and family remind me that it has a lot to do with the fact that I am her Mommy and I love that perspective also. I love being this girl's Mommy. She has definitely stolen my heart. This is why I want her home and in order to get here she has to take all 8 feedings from a bottle. We are still working on doing 3 "well". I know she will do it when she is physically ready but the sooner the better.

On a side note: she is 2 lbs 12 ounces and her little cheeks are filling out nicely.

As far as the rest of this "good day", it is supposed to be 78 and sunny AND Jared doesn't have to work late. Sounds like a perfect forecast to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she trying hard to gain the weight to come home:) Congrats again she is beautiful. I sent a package up to Michelle for you. Hopefully she will see someone at church that can get it to Addision. Enjoy

Valerie