Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Evolution of Eli's Hair

Eli is on the right. He was 6 months old here. I believe this is when the top of his hair started winning the race!

2 months later (at this point I began to think it was going to even out)

10 months old and it hasn't "evened out". It was at this point when we could not leave the house without people asking us if we cut it that way. Seriously?? I mean I like a good faux-hawk as much as the next girl but he is 10 months old.

Still 10 months old but I thought I would share a back view so that you can fully appreciate his "do". I find it funny that in this picture Alex hair is fuller on the top too but I just don't think it was as obvious b/c he has some hair on the sides ;)

It was at this point that we had to trim the top so that it was not too long. Now he just has a shorter faux-hawk.

16 months old~Hmmm, it looks a bit curly.

Fast forward 7 months and this is his hair today!

I think it was worth the wait. I love those blond curls. Lately I have been reminded of the rhyme:

There was little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead and when she was good she was very, very good and when she was bad she was horrid. :)

I will never say my son is horrid but he can be as sweet as he is "not so sweet". He and Alex have some all out wars. He also is a pro at telling us "NO!" He is loving craft time by the way and Alex can take it or leave it. I just ended up crafting with Eli today.

9 comments:

monica said...

The blond curls are so adorable! That is diffentely something to wait for. Cute post!

Elyse said...

I remember being told about the little girl when I was little...sweet memories. Telling a parent "NO" what a classic and favorite word :)
~Elyse~

Mariah said...

Eli...love him and his cool hair.

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love the curly hair!! btw I love the shirt!! Enjoy watching them grow and change.

Liz said...

I'm not sure why I never noticed the hair until you pointed it out. That's hysterical but he looks so cute with those curls now. I agree, you can't cut it yet. I find it hard to believe that sweet Eli can be "not that sweet". ;)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i loved his little faux hawk, but those curls are killer!

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Love, love, LOVE the curls!! I am glad that you documented the life of the faux hawk though.

Heather said...

Those curls are adorable! The girls will love them one day.

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Thanks for all the curl compliments!

Heather, that is my fear is that all the ladies will love them :)