Monday, June 2, 2008

32

Yes, I am 32. I cannot believe it. I have to say that I have enjoyed the first two years of my 30's quite a bit. Jared took me out for my b-day on Friday because that's when Kim and Amanda were available (thanks for the help guys). We had a great time but had to laugh at ourselves when we returned home by 8:15. Life is ironic...we don't have curfews anymore, yet we are home before the street lights are on. Yesterday we had a nice day. Jared put our new swing set together and the boys absolutely loved it. They cackled as we pushed them. Last night we planted some annuals after the boys went to bed which was fun until the dreaded mosquitoes came out. Again, I have to laugh at myself because I don't see my self as an overly girly girl. In fact, I enjoy reading this blog called "The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Reid and Finn". Their family lives in Alaska and they have twin boys just like me. They are always hiking and biking and are super outdoorsy and I think it sounds great. Jared has also been into the Alaska Experiment lately and again I find myself thinking it might be kind of cool. Tonight, however plopped me back to reality. As I swatted mammoth, Michigan, mosquitoes and told them how much I hated them I asked Jared to bust out the citronella candle buckets because I just couldn't take it anymore. I carried one around with me as I debated where to plant the flowers. I am guessing on a hike in Alaska there is not a big enough candle to ward off all of the creepy crawly things and Jared informed me that carrying it around didn't really help. I guess my Alaskan dream is over. My sweet husband lit 3 more candles and as I moved around planting he moved the candles to where I was in the yard. Uhhh true love :) He puts up with so much. My sisters that I love dearly would have rolled their eyes and laughed at my drama but not Jared. He gets me. Although, he did laugh when I asked him to hose my dirty feet off and I screamed because the water was freezing. He said "You've given birth to twins and scream about this". I do take credit for the birthing my boys BUT the truth of the matter is that although I did deliver them via emergency c-section it wasn't that bad. Even though American Express hasn't coined this one yet "Epidurals are priceless" and I truly didn't feel a thing. I refuse to admit this when they are teenagers and I tell my heroic story of birthing twins and how they should appreciate me blah, blah, blah. Anyways, enough rambling I am just posting to say that on my birthday I am thankful for the burbs and all that they have to offer (2 Targets within 10 minutes), my husband and my dear children. What I like about my 30's is I think I am beginning to fully appreciate who God made me, where he placed me and how much He loves me for me. I am at times a walking contradiction but that's me. Now I am ready to settle in to accepting that as I enjoy this decade of my life.

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what a beautiful post, happy birthday!

Liz said...

Happy belated birthday! I didn't read your blog yesterday. I'm enjoying my thirties as well.

Harris Boys said...

what a wonderful post!!! I hope you had a great day! Happy 32nd Birthday :)

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes :)