Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Feels Like Summer to Me

I know it is not officially summer yet but it felt like it yesterday. It was such a nice day. The boys enjoyed their swings and we hit the pool (the blow up one of course). I am going to miss their pot bellies and chub rolls so much. It made me think that the day will come when they will want to turn that cuteness into 6-pack abs for some girl (ugh, I can't even stand it). Days like these definitely make me want to slow time down. I had a great birthday. I woke to a sweet card from Jared and roses. My mother-in-law made me a delicious dinner and birthday cake. I also got lots of calls from dear friends and family. Thanks to all who made my day feel special :)

As I look at these pictures and as we enjoy the summer I can't help but think of last year. The boys were both still in the NICU despite being almost 8 wks old. Most of the summer was spent inside because they were fragile little guys. It is amazing that a year later they are a bit chubby, swinging on swings, anxiously waiting at the gate to get outside and get in that pool. It is truly miraculous.

2 comments:

Harris Boys said...

I love the pot bellies and chub rolls too. I would love to slow time down...this time is just flying by way too fast!!

debi9kids said...

OH! Aren't they cute!
Just amazing what a year can bring!!!