Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baby Signs

Baby sign language is a big thing right now. For those of you without young children this is for hearing parents and children and it is to help them communicate before they are able to speak words. Jared and I chose not to go this route although I have heard of numerous benefits. My brilliant son Eli, however, seems to have taught himself with no direction from us. I was just snuggling with him in the nursery and pulled him tightly to me and said "I love you, Eli" and he looked at me with love in his eyes and lifted his chubby little hand, pointed his itty bitty finger towards me and shoved it right up my nose. This little gesture obviously meant "I love you more than I can express in words, Mommy". Just moments later, while still holding him, his brother pulled up to me and Eli slapped him across the face with his foot. This, not that you need a translation, simply said "This is my quiet time with Mommy touch her again and it will be a kangaroo chop!" Ha, and most kids can only sign the word "more". Geniuses, my sons, geniuses! :)

5 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love it, your baby geniuses! mine are smart like that too. lol!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

I'm glad that you got the humor. A small part of me thought "Am I going to offend the baby signing mammas?" :)

Harris Boys said...

hahah pure geniuses...LOL I love it and we never did the signing either.

Liz said...

hysterical!

Tina said...

Your post made me laugh. Sooo cute :).