Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back from the Doctors

Why? You may ask... no reason just had some time to kill. Seriously though there is nothing wrong with them. They have been kind of grouchy and demanding lately and Jared and I thought something MUST be wrong. I called him this morning near tears (o.k. who am I kidding? I was crying like a newborn baby) and we decided to take them to the pediatrician out of sheer desperation. They are throwing fits and Eli is doing his "flipper" impersonation and they both want to be held until you actually pick them up and then they are repulsed by you. On a side note the flipper thing is actually hilarious to watch because he truly looks like a dolphin when he rears back and forth throwing a fit. I guess if the Dr. could have come up with ANYTHING to diagnose them with it would have been toddlerhood. I wonder if the pediatricians are all sitting around at lunch having a good laugh about another first time parent being convinced their child MUST have an ear infection or something....anything! Oh well, I posted these pics to remind me of when things were REALLY hard. This is a challenge but it is not twin infants and I can handle it :)

I cannot get over the size of Alex's cheeks in that picture! So sweet! I miss those tiny babies but not the sleepless nights, constant bottle washing, endless Dr. appt.'s (I could go on an on).

5 comments:

Harris Boys said...

I don't miss those sleepless night either...whew so glad my boys are older. I hate when they get in that fussy stage and nothing seems to make them happy. Just repeat to yourself, that this too shall pass.

Big hugs to you :)

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Ahhh Katie! That was my mantra during the infant stage I guess I will pull it out and dust it off for further use. Thanks for the reminder :)

Liz said...

We are going through the smae thing. Ry acts like he wants to be picked up, so I do and all he does is arch backwards out of my arms!! I really tryuly wouldn;t mind holding him, just not when he's "Archy" as we call him.

Harris Boys said...

it still works for me now...somedays are just like that no matter what age your kids are. Just remember your not alone and it will pass. have a good night sweetie :)

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

So my sons aren't the only ones. Liz, "archy" very funny. I guess it truly is a stage :)