Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Latest Conversations in our Home

Conversation in my Living Room this week:

Eli to Alex in a very authoritative tone: "Alex, you rippin' it? YOU rippin' it ALEX?!?"
Alex in his most offended tone: "I NOT rippin' it! "

Alex woke up early from nap and I thought it would be the perfect time to get out his new book from Grandma Dolores. Eli woke up from his nap a bit later and was in a panic that Alex was ripping his new book so I had to explain to Eli that no Alex did not rip the book. This particular book had pieces with animals on them and you put each animal in their correct "home".

concentration

You see Eli had a good reason to be concerned :) Alex has a bad habit of "rippin' it". He has gotten SO much better and has not done it in a while. We just recently had to pay to replace a library book therefore he gets many a lecture when I let him take a book to nap or bed with him. Eli has apparently been soaking in these lectures as well. :)

By the way, Alex chose to rip the library book that was hardcover and cost $17. He couldn't have ripped the horribly written "character" books that cost around $5. Nope. Oh well we have a great book now with only one page that was ripped into confetti. I guess it could be worse, right?

mr squirrel

I should mention that Alex doesn't quite understand the concept of animals and their habitats. I believe the cat was supposed to be in the chair not the squirrel. Oh well maybe he is just using his imagination. :)

Another funny moment with my boys this week goes as follows:

Alex: Mom, what doing?
Me: Making dinner.
Alex: Oh......Cereal?

1/2 an hour later I am setting the table.

Me: Eli come on it's time for dinner.
Eli: Cereal???

I give up. I gave them cereal for dinner for the FIRST time in their sweet little lives last week and now apparently it is the best thing and only thing I make. Ugh! Pretty funny though.

Recently when Eli woke first from nap we were looking at a book and it was a picture of the night sky. He began pointing things out to me like the stars and moon. I said to him "Eli, you are one smart cookie!" He replied: "Is not cookie, is MOON". Insert: eye roll and duh Mom (well, maybe not yet but I could sense his digust with my limited astrological knowledge) ;)

One more for the road.... Alex and Eli love the song 1234 by Feist. They sing a version of it on Sesame Street and I have Feist's version on my ipod.

Alex has been singing it as follows: "oh, oh, oh you break my guitar".

I believe the actual words are "your changing your heart". So cute.

Last but not least I have decided to admit that the whole "like mother, like son" thing may apply to Alex destroying library books because last week after not having been able to play in the back yard for a few days I found this:

oops


Yeah, it is another book that I will apparently be replacing at the library. It is a little warped from being left outside. I guess my library obsession is starting to get expensive. :) Oops.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Too cute...I just love the way their minds work. I am thinking that this is my favorite age--minus tantrums of course.
Kaylie was the ripper in our house. She is much better now too.

MaricrisG said...

They're cute nonetheless. It's good though that your love for book is reflected on your kids. That is great!

Christina said...

How cute! I can't wait to hear what comes out of my little girl's mouth when she starts talking. :) That is wonderful that they love books so much.

Kiki said...

kids say the darndest things. your boys are adorable. aloha and take care.

Amber said...

haha, this is too cute :)

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

That is so cute. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brought back memories. I don't have twins but it made me remember when they were younger. Thanks for sharing.

Caught sight of you on the featured blogger from SITS today and came over to visit. It was great.

Enjoy your boys and your day.