Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's OVER, Yay!

Surgery day is here and soon to be gone. Jared just called and told me that my sweet baby boy is in recovery and there were no complications. YAY!!! I thought I would post about Eli's Big Day.


It all started last night when I began to pack all of the 2 year old necessities minus snacks for obvious reasons for Jared to take to the hospital. I may have gone overboard but I knew they would have to wait a bit before being called back to surgery and I was right. He got there at 10 and was called back at noon.


This morning when he woke at about 7:30 I dreaded those three little words "I want Milky". They never came. I am still in shock but it is just one of the small ways that God was telling me "I've got this under control." He didn't even ask for breakfast. Now if that isn't a modern day miracle...

Alex cried when Daddy and Eli left because he wanted to go with Daddy in the car. This is also the first time that I didn't go with Eli for his surgery. I thought I would stay home with Alex since Eli will be needing some extra attention for the next few days. Overall, we had a good day and even baked cookies. Alex was a bit difficult and it seems that he may have been a bit pre-occupied with thoughts of Eli. He kept checking his bed because the only time they are apart from one another is when they sleep.

pre surgery

Jared FINALLY got home around 4 and I was SO excited to see Eli. He smiled when he saw Alex and then spent the next few hours until bed watching TV. He actually wanted to run around but was still unsteady from surgery. Trying to get a two year old boy to sit still for that long is next to impossible. Trying to get another two year old to be careful and gentle around his brother is also equally impossible. Things should be interesting over the next few days. The surgeon actually said no running/lifting/climbing/rough-housing for two weeks. That is not likely but I will do my best.

post surgery

Jared reported that Eli did well and although they were both exhausted he was glad to be at the hospital with him.

Today (Thursday): He slept until about 4 am this morning and I gave him some more pain meds and he fell back to sleep. So at this point pain management has been minimal. I hope that it continues. I hope this makes sense it is VERY early and it may not. :) I started posting this yesterday and finished this morning so the time frames are a bit off. I didn't feel like correcting them and really the main point is that Eli is doing quite well and I feel blessed to have all of my guys safe and at home snug in their beds.


parentingBYdummies said...

Glad to see his recovery is going so well. Hope it keeps up! Stopped over from SITS to say hey!

Krystal said...

Glad to hear he is doing well! Praying that he continues to recover quickly. :)

Nikki said...

Stopping by from SITS to say hi! Glad that your little boy's surgery went well and he's recovering!! Sending you lots of positive healing wishes!

Liz said...

So glad all went well and I hope he makes a quick recovery! Good luck trying to keep them from rough housing. LOL

briana said...

oh i'm so glad he did well. i prayed specifically for his pain management and i'm glad that is going well too. love ya!