Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday

Today, first and foremost, I am thankful for a day with no "have to's". I try and keep things simple around here for Jared, the boys and me but sometimes life is still busy. We are coming up on a very busy weekend so today above all I am thankful that we didn't have anything we HAD TO do.

We went to the library this morning and it was empty so the boys got lots of extra time to do puzzles, play with puppets and read through a few books. Thank you!

We came home and they were able to play outside for a long time because we are having beautiful weather. Thank you! In Michigan you don't take a single one of these last days before our long winter hits for granted.

They are now napping peacefully! THANK YOU LORD!

lex

We rode bikes and

boys and sticks

played with sticks! (They seriously played with sticks for an hour, such BOYS.)

books for fall

Here are the books that we got at the Library. They were really cute. Fall leaves Fall is a great book to use before a nature walk b/c it describes the different shapes of the leaves and tells you which ones are which. I know I learned a thing or two. We really like this book. We also really enjoyed "Bear Snores On". I love this author we also have "Bear Feels Sick" and "Animal Strike at the Zoo" all by Karma Wilson. I highly recommend her books for little ones. I think reading to Alex and Eli is as much for me as it is them. I love it! My latest project that I found the idea for HERE, is to organize their books by seasons and group them together. I just have to go the office supply store and get the boxes.

I also wanted to thank everyone who came by and commented yesterday. I appreciate all of your encouraging words. I am trying to get back to each of you and look forward to visiting your blogs. I am so overwhelmed by all of the comments. Thanks again! If you want to play along with Thanksgiving Thursday click on the adorable button below! :)



7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi SITSA! I am fashionably late for your fb day, but your blog is great. Adorable boys. Keep up the good work!

Mox

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Thanks for visiting and I love those days where you do NOT HAVE to do anything more than YOU WANT..lol..
Stayed tuned for my FRIDAY POST where I list all the fragments of what I HAD TO DO....lol...
Annmarie

Margaret said...

Your kids and too cute!!!

Tara said...

Hi from SITS! Twins! You are so lucky. Congrats. Beautiful Blog!!!

Shannon said...

I'm a day behind but you have a beautiful site! What a blessed, wonderful life you have! :)

Megan said...

I'm stopping by, late, for your SITS day.

And who can't spend an hour playing with sticks?

Sherri said...

Sounds like it was a perfect day! I love the "Bear Snores On". It's on our favorites list:)