Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just for the Joy of it

I had a comment from Sharon this morning and popped over to her blog to check it out. I LOVE THIS feature that she does called "Just for the Joy of it". You simply share things that warm your heart.

Today I am thanful for another simple day of play with my kids. Sometimes it is hard to take the time out to do just that, play. I have a nice little morning routine that allows me to get things done and for that I am grateful but some days I chuck it out the window and just focus on these fleeting years that I have at home with these sweet little boys who still think I am the most beautiful, wonderful, funny woman in. the. world. You gotta love that.

Today we enjoyed each and every one of the 60 degrees that we were given and took a walk. Then we played in the leaves, ate lunch and played some games. God giving me the opportunity to be a Mom and the opportunity for Jared and I to be the center of Alex and Eli's world is what warms my heart today.

leaves

adorable

you can't see me

Eli didn't want to come in at all. I put Alex in the house and went back out to get him and this is what I found. I am pretty sure he was convinced that he was invisible. :)

blockgame

They LOVED this game that I found on "No Time For Flashcards". You set them up like this and show them each a block (separately so it also helps with taking turns if you have multiples) and have them identify either the letter, number or picture and then if they get it right they throw it in the basket. If they miss they just get to keep trying, of course. If they didn't know the particular letter I just told them what it was and had them repeat it. This was a huge hit. (Ignore the laundry baskets. I have a date with them at nap time).

15 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

I love those pictures! So cute!

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love the leaves photos. Lucky you, getting to play with those sweet boys!

Sari said...

soooooooooooo cute! You should frame the pic of Eli in the leaves. It came out great and he looks too sweet. Great idea with the block game. Thanks for sharing it! I hope you dont mind if I start to steal some of your clever little ideas for my own blog, since you're the ONLY one outside of my family that reads it...no one will ever know they're not my own clever little ideas :)

Margaret said...

Your boys are so cute! You always have to take a day once in awhile and enjoy them!

Kari said...

What a great day with the kids. I don't think I take enough time to play either. I get in my 'mode' and just go on auto pilot. Beautiful leaves. We missed out on fall this year and went right into winter. We have over 16 inches of snowfall and it's still snowing. Ugh!

Michelle said...

I think we all need to take more time out for just playing like that! Love the pics in the leaves - fun! What a neat idea for a game with the blocks!

Christina said...

Its nice to take time out of our buys days to just enjoy them...great pictures!!

Beth P. said...

What a fun game! That looks like something any little one would enjoy. what? you want me to THROW something?! Haha!

I love the pictures in the leaves. Such great times!

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness! I love your "invisible man" -- how delightful is THAT?!!! Put a big smile on my face!

And I'm going to go over and check out that "no flashcards" site... looks like something that would be right up my alley!

GREAT fun to have you join in today! I hope you'll be back next week!

Stephanie said...

I love the block game. Now, I am just trying to figure out how I can turn it into a "clean my room" game!! :)

Alicia said...

those pictures are AMAZING!! i love love love them!!! and i'm so glad you got to enjoy the day with them... i love fun mommy days :)

Jamie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Cute pictures.

Jamie said...

Good job, Mama!

It can be so hard to remember to actually play with your kids because of all the "stuff" that needs attention.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be sure to play with mine more today.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!

Email Me said...

I lvoe leave pictures...especially when you can see the joy on children's faces. Seet memories.