Thursday, May 8, 2008

Things are looking up!

"What a week, huh?" Eli (8 months)

"I know I'm exhausted!" Alex (7 months)

Yesterday Eli's tube was removed and it was such a simple procedure and has made diaper changing SO much easier. Our refrigerator is fixed, as is our car and I had a delicious latte this morning. I am still a bit drained and realized this when I went downstairs to get the laundry out of the dryer to fold and discovered that I never turned the dryer on. Sadly, it is the 3rd time I have done that this week. After my last post Jared and I ran out that night to pick up some necessities for the boys and pizza for us since I was unable to put together a meal due to the frig. (yeah, this worked out in my favor). Anyways, we got home and realized that our house keys were in the car that my brother-in-law Kevin had lent us. This meant that we couldn't get into our house because we haven't done the whole hide-a-key thing. Jared decided that he will just hoist me up into our bedroom window that he discovered was unlocked. OK we have a ranch with a basement so the window is up pretty high. His plan is for me to step up on a lawn chair and then stand on his shoulders. Um, seriously? I alter the plan a little and manage to get my top half of my body into the window at which point I realize that I have nothing to land on once I go through the window head first. I pull my King size bed over and feel a bit more safe. I then realize that my hips are not fitting through the window and I begin to laugh so hysterically that I am paralyzed. Finally, I tell Jared to turn me sideways so that I can fit through. It worked and we got in but I laughed SO HARD and could not stop for most of the night each time it would come to mind. I later told Jared that God did all of this on purpose so that I could have such a good laugh. It is not as funny on "paper" but it just reminded me that God knows every small detail and has it handled. He even knows when we need to have a good laugh at ourselves. It definitely lightened the mood. Too bad it didn't lighten my hips :) Have a great day and I hope that you have a good hearty laugh today! I wish I had pics to share of this hysterical moment (ok I really don't) but here are some random ones of , you guessed it, my boys.

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so happy to hear that things are looking up! i cannot believe it, that is probably one of the best "i locked myself out of my house" stories i have heard!

Harris Boys said...

hahah...I'm sitting here at lunch just laughing so hard. I can picture it now. be glad your hubby didn't have a camera...lol. your too funny!! glad to hear eli is feeling better and things are looking up. God Bless!!

Mercy Filled Mama said...

wow~ How our God answers prayers, huh? With all the stress you have had these last couple of weeks, you end up being turned sideways to get into a window to get inside your house. Sounds like a great end and what a great way to put life in perspective. I appreciate how you are so encouraging and remain positive. Give Eli kisses for us as we continue to keep him in our prayers! ps- I said in my other post happy first mothers day, but i guess its your second now, right? sorry- i wasnt even thinking right. at least this year, your mothers day will be filled with much more happiness, and hopefully much less worry, as your children remain healthy! hope you have a great one!

Liz said...

I'm a little late reading... but what a funny story to read!!