Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Concert in the Park

Doesn't that title just sound picturesque? It actually was. Last night my talented brother in law Jack along with our band at church put on a concert in a local park and it was a lot of fun. He sang a little bit of everything from James Taylor to Rascal Flatts, Third Day to Lynyrd Skynyrd. It was eclectic and entertaining. The weather was gorgeous and all my sisters were there along with some friends although I mainly socialized with Jared and the boys which is a nice treat. I love going out with my boys ;)

My sis Molly is on the far right (she is quite talented, if I do say so myself and this is my blog so I do, indeed) and her husband Jack is on her right.



The boys yelled "farm" when we pulled up and we had to explain "No, we are just here to hear Uncle Jack sing!" ;) They were not disappointed and had a blast listening to the music, climbing rocks and running around.

FYI: You may notice that this was written at 3am and in case you think I am nocturnal you should know that I'm only up due to Eli crying. My children have this ability to wake me and then they fall peacefully back to sleep while I stay awake wondering whether or not they have an ear infection or a virus or need tylenol or a breathing treatment. Ah, motherhood. Anyways, I think we are headed to the Dr.'s again tomorrow. I am getting used to living on no sleep and lots of coffee lately. I am so glad it is Friday and that I will have Jared home for the weekend. Have a good one everyone (I like to pretend there are lots of you, it boosts the old ego, so humor me). ;) Added: apparenlty Eli had a good reason for crying, according to the Dr. he has an ear infection, sore throat and chest congestion. Poor guy, here hoping that the antibiotics kick in soon.

5 comments:

KJ said...

I do the same thing...I'm guessing it's the 1st time mom in us! :)

monica said...

The concrete in the park sounds like fun! I hope that the doctor says that they are all healthy tomorrow!

Kimberly @ RaisingOlives said...

I love park concerts! I agree they are picturesque.

Hope Eli feels better very soon, poor thing and just for the record, I still wake and wonder with a crying baby, although I have learned to fall back asleep sooner, but we have 9, so it's not just a first time mommy thing. :)

tbonegrl said...

Hope Eli feels better. I laughed out loud about what you said about your sister Molly. LOL!

Debbie said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun. I hope Eli is fine now.