Thursday, July 17, 2008

Naptime Fun!

The boys are currently "in negotiations" deciding whether or not they want their 2nd nap. Today, thank goodness, they wanted it unlike Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (yes, I am keeping track). I love their naps and feel completely spoiled during them. I am able to get some things done around the house but more importantly I have time for a delicious cup of coffee and my devotions, and/or reading and/or working out (ok, not so much the last one, but I am a work in progress). I have subsequently checked out 2 books from the library and revisited 2 books on my bookshelves to find some answer to this nap dilemma. Unfortunately, however they pretty much all say that they may, in fact, be ready to drop the 2nd nap. Very profound, thanks so much wise parenting experts. So, with no help there, I guess it is time to just watch and learn. I am learning that so much of parenting is that way (weaning from a bottle, nutrition, sippy cups, pacifiers, discipline, vaccinations, I could go on and on and). I often just roll with it, but unfortunately, I still long for a manual on the more difficult days.

On a side note, this morning in a book called "Grace for the Moment" by Max Lucado I came across this:

"Faith is trusting what the eye cannot see.
Eyes see the prowling lion. Faith sees Daniel's angel.
Eyes see storms. Faith sees Noah's rainbow.
Eyes see giants. Faith sees Canaan.
Your eyes see your faults. Your faith sees your Savior.
Your eyes see your guilt. Your faith sees his blood.
Your eyes look in the mirror and see a robed prodigal
bearing the ring of grace on your finger
and the kiss of your Father on your face."

This was encouraging to me regarding this mysterious thing they call parenting. I trust that God has a plan, even on the most difficult days, with these sweet boys and it is a MUCH bigger plan than I am able to see through these, sometimes, weary eyes. I look at what he has done in my life that I would never have dreamed He'd do and I am truly in awe.

These pictures are of the boys one day laughing and giggling with each other after their nap. It is a daily occurrence here and is one of my favorite times of the day. I love how excited they get about one another and even more (to be completely honest) I love how excited they get when I come into their room :) This is one of the MANY perks in my life as a Mommy!

3 comments:

Liz said...

so cute! I hear you on the nap thing and wanting the parenting bible and the loving seeing how happy they are to see you...etc. I could go on and on. our kids seem to be at the same stage so I love to "compare notes" LOL I have no answers though.

Harris Boys said...

hey becky...naps are a tricy thing...I really just had to watch for cues. the boys dropped that morning nap around 15 m/o. I would lay them down and they would never sleep but just play. so I decided they were ready for one nap and its been great since. Its nice too b/c we have more time in the morning if we need to run errands, etc.

good luck sweetie, love the pics of the boys....my kids are always so happy when I walk in their room, great feeling!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

this is the one transition i am not looking forward to at all! i love naptime and do not want to give up one of the 2 they take now. i am so sorry that naps are such a difficult thing right now...but hopefully things will work themselves out soon. goos luck!

ps-i adore those happy faces! how much fun are the giggles?!?!