Sunday, July 20, 2008

I got out!

It has been a long couple of weeks. Actually, I don't even think it has been that long but both boys have been sick which slows time down to the point of a stop when you have toddlers. I planned to go to church this morning and as often happens the boys began their hysterics. It is like they KNOW Mommy is trying to get out of the house on her own. I pushed past their screams of displeasure while I did the dishes so that I could shower and get out. I turned on the bathroom fan and listened to my shower run in order to block out the sounds so that I could pretend that I was relaxing even though my Mommy guilt was kicking in and I was thinking "Maybe I should stay home, I mean Alex is sick and mopey and blah, blah, blah." My sister Mindy and I swore we would not be the kind of Moms who didn't get out and when they did worried about our kids the entire time. Sheesh SO lame. We now however both have toddlers and yes, sad to say we tend to be those Moms. Not all the time but more than we thought we'd be. Anyways as I exit the shower I hear Daddy reading to the boys and think I may just salvage this outing. And then....dum dum dum dum.....a wail comes from the nursery and Jared is asking me to come there. It finally happened. I have been anticipating this event and knew it would come sooner rather than later. Eli bit Alex. Alex was inconsolable. Oh well, I guess I am downloading another sermon this week. But alas, Jared forced me out the door and assured me all would be well. Thank you Lord for a great service and a great husband. We are also going out tomorrow night on a ...gulp...DATE! I am so excited :)

I'm not sure why Mom insists on making up these stories.

Does this look like a face that could bite?

I too am shocked at this display of aggression (just wait until I get those top teeth).

No comments: