Monday, June 6, 2011

Diary Of a Date

As I mentioned, Jared and I headed downtown for our date.

<span class=IMG_1267">

My goal: King's Books
Jared kept saying: "It's not like a little coffee shop type place you know." I kept repeating: "I KNOW it is a warehouse. It is old. Yada, Yada." I think he sometimes forgets that I grew up here too. :) I didn't need a Starbucks. I was planning to book shop and enjoy beautiful old books.

So, without further adieu......

the store

5 floors FULL of books old and new. LOVE IT!

<span class=


<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

Unfortunately it closes at 5:30 and we got there at 5. BUT we will be back. I only saw 1 floor.

We then drove around the city a while and eventually got some dinner.

<span class=

<span class=

And here we are pre-date. Jared is looking great he has lost about 30 lbs. I've lost 12. We are walking and he is biking and we are eating more fruits and veggies and less sweets. I wish it were a faster process but we are on the right track nonetheless. I love that we are doing it together.

I had a wonderful 35th b-day with my husband and look forward to all of our years ahead, together. We are trying to squeeze a few more years in by getting healthy and I am so glad he is leading the way.

<span class=

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The book warehouse look wonderful. I could spend hours there.