Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Heavenly Peace

My quiet house called to me this morning. I am spoiled in the mornings. My kids sleep until 8 or later. Jared leaves early and I am always struck with the decision to get up and enjoy a quiet house (something only a crazed Mom can appreciate) or roll over and enjoy a bit more sleep. When I have a newborn I almost always choose the latter. Addie will be 6 months on the 11th so I have been getting up a bit more and now that we are settled in our new home I am thoroughly enjoying my quiet mornings. I am in the kitchen looking out my sliding glass doors and enjoying the beauty of the snow. I would make it even more picturesque by turning on the fireplace but I didn't remember to ask Jared to open the flu flute flue and I choose not to attempt to doing anything fire related,, that I am not completely confident with, in our new home. (You're welcome, honey.)

I have lots of holiday pictures to share and lots to re-tell but that will all wait while I enjoy my quiet morning. We had a nice Christmas and I look forward to enjoying some time with Jared in the next few days. I will be back with pictures soon.

Merry Christmas (a bit late) and Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. Looking forward to hearing about the move (congrats) and seeing pics.