Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday!

Today is my birthday and I got the best present EVER from my perinatologist who is THRILLED with how I am doing and is letting me go a couple of weeks without an appointment! This is HUGE in the high-risk world of pregnancy! My protein levels remain the same, my blood pressures have been good and Addison is doing quite well and moving like crazy. I continue to pray for 8 1/2 more weeks. I am currently 25 weeks and 3 days along. Thanks for all of the prayers and support.

We had a very nice day and Jared made my birthday special as always. Nani and Papa brought over some cake and ice cream which thrilled the boys. Eli refused to admit that it was my birthday all day long. I told him it was Mommy's b-day and he kept saying "no, it's Eli's birthday". He FINALLY said "Happy Birthday Mom" when he realized he was about to get a piece of cake. They also sang to me. It was really sweet, even when they sang the version that they learned from "Madagascar" which includes "you look like a monkey AAAAAND you smell like one too". I spent my birthday feeling very thankful for the friends and family that God has given me. Having my little family of 5 around the table and singing to me was extra special this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahoo!!! i was right. i am so excited that i had the right day. so happy to hear you had a special day. wish i was there to celebrate with you. instead you get a long winded message from me on your voicemail!!! keep up the good work taking care of you and addison. love you and miss you!! jenell

Liz said...

great news!!! keep it up Momma! Happy belated birthday!