Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ummm, that was rude.

My sweet son Eli speaks his mind A LOT. It is actually getting him in trouble right now BUT quite often it is kind of funny. For instance I was just singing along to umi zoomi and he said "Mom, stop singing. When you sing it kind of freaks me out."

He is always telling Jared and I to stop doing things like he is a teenager and we are embarrassing him.

The boys are REALLY into Spiderman and Super Heros. Books about them, shows about them and of course they pretend to BE them.

Of course in this play there is always a bad guy and Alex calls them "Mad guys".

Jared and I were discussing which is more difficult the physically demanding age, that is Addison or the mentally, emotionally difficult age, that is Alex and Eli. We've decided they are BOTH hard.

The boys just kind of want to do what they want, when they want and they are pretty sure that Mom and Dad don't know what they are talking about.

This morning I told Eli that the number on the clock was 9 and when it became a 10 he could watch Team Umi Zoomi. He told me I was wrong it was a 6 on the clock. He was pretty convincing but I told him "Eli, I am a college graduate, I am pretty sure I know what a 9 looks like."

It was one of the few times in the last 5 years that I have been able to use my degree. :) I knew it would come in handy. ;)

He doesn't just say rude things however. Today, he also informed me that "Daddy, is SO MY HERO!"

He also took 2 steps into the backyard took a deep breath and said "It smells like a Spring day. This is a great world!"

Most of these funny sayings are about Eli because he talks all. the. time. non-stop. BUT I love it, most of time.

As far as Addie Pants goes ... she had her early on appointment today and while she is doing quite well she is a bit behind in gross motor (walking, cruising furniture type of stuff) so it has been determined that she will receive services.

The boys have MRI's a week from today. Ugh. That is all I have to say about that. Well one more word comes to mind....dread. Ok that is all.

They have been referred for OT/PT evals and the state is required to do this within 30 days. As I type this another word comes to mind..... overwhelmed. Today that is. Other days not so much.

Well since this post is all over the place I might as well add to the crazy and state that the boys are officially done napping and I officially miss napping. We are doing quiet times which go well about 80% of the time. The other 20, like today, I just REALLY want Jared to get home.

No comments: