Friday, February 17, 2012

New Family Member(s)!!

I am still not real sure how this came about but I got on board and we are the proud parents to Mocha and Buttercup, our guinea pigs.

I still don't have a good pic of Mocha because he is a bit nervous. Needless to say, nerves, a 19 month old and 4 year old twin boys DON'T go well together therefore I don't want to stress her further with photos.

Here is Buttercup.
IMG_5436

The boys love them. They sing them bed time songs. Eli was holding buttercup the other day and said "Hey, I am like a Dad!" So cute. Alex is yet to hold them but does pet them and is great at changing their water daily. It is a little more work then we initially thought it would be but part of that is because we are neurotic and don't want our house to smell like we have guinea pigs which requires a LOT of cage cleaning.
IMG_5434
(Ignore the jammies.  Sometimes on days we have nowhere to go "getting dressed" means go throw on a fleece over your pj's so you are not cold.  Are we the only ones like this?)

Since I started this post yesterday the boys have decided that Mocha is now "chippy". Poor thing is going to have a complex. She was originally named "Oreo" by her previous family but she was brown and white. I couldn't keep up the charade because alas she was NOT the color of an Oreo and so she became Mocha b/c she is more the color of my morning coffee. :)
IMG_5416

In other news the casts are being put on on Wednesday and as of last night Eli is sporting an eye patch in order to strengthen an ever weakening eye. My sometimes less than coordinated child will be hobbling around  and only able to see out of one eye for 6 hours/day.  Not sure how THAT is going to work out.  I was kind of surprised by the amount of time.  Everyone else I talked to about patches said it was usually about 2 hours a day.

I have to kind of laugh about all this.  It is a crazy "preemie" life I continue to lead.  We haven't had much preemie drama regarding the boys for a couple of years and now it abounds complete with the breathing treatments that they haven't required in forever.  Oh well.  I am so happy to get all of this done before kindergarten.

By the way in case anyone is feeling bad for my boys Eli LOVES his patch and we talked to them about casts last night and they are both excited!  I am sure that will all change once the casts are on but at least they are not worrying about it.

1 comment:

momto8 said...

ha!! good luck with your new pets!! the neighbor has one and brings it over house house to play!!! kids and pets are a fun combination!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.