Friday, March 19, 2010

My Alex Boy

my lex

I don't know what I love more about this picture: the fact that he insisted on wearing snow boots on a 60 degree day or the way he posed when I took the picture.

Alex is my lovey boy. If I am sitting on the couch he disappears down the hallway and emerges with his knit blanket so that he can sit in my lap and snuggle. When he first started doing this I was still unaware of his habit when I asked where he went Jared instantly said "to get his blanket".

He will be the one to struggle with the new baby I am afraid. He is mama's boy that is for sure.

That doesn't mean that he isn't in love with his Daddy too. No one can toss him around like Daddy does. He also loves for Daddy to rub his back.

If Jared is laying on the floor wrestling with them or just resting Alex will go and get the famous blankie and lay next to Daddy meaning he wants his back rubbed. If Daddy or I try and rub his back with his shirt down he will say "no, open it". This means he wants his shirt up for his back rub. Oy, high maintenance!

Recently after dinner he came up to me and raised his hands and said something to me that I didn't quite catch. I replied that I had already washed his hands and he said "close my hands". It took me a minute but his sleeves were pushed up and he wanted them down. Translation: he needed his hands "closed".

With Alex everything is about being opened or closed. If you should happen to leave the top off the salt grater at dinner he will tell you to close it. If you leave a cabinet open he will close it or ask you to. He is a bit of a perfectionist already. Thankfully I am not so I will try and curb that a bit.

Last night Nani came over and she had just had acrylic nails done. He referred to them as her "spikes".

Unfortunately, one of the times I was experiencing some morning sickness and we were in the basement, which, isn't near the bathroom and Alex was standing nearby. Now he asks me on a regular basis, "Mommy, you sick? You need to BLEH, BLEH in the pink bucket?" The kid doesn't miss a thing.

He looked out the window a couple of weeks ago and said "Mom, it's darking out". Now this is what he says every night. They now understand that when it's "darking out" bed time is approaching. I am amazed at how their little brains work.

They do so much on a daily basis that cracks me up. I have finally come to terms with the fact that it is impossible to keep track of each sweet or funny moment. Some moments I just have to soak in and pray that I'll remember them in the future and even if I won't I praise God that I get to live this life, although often challenging, with my sweet family; Jared, Alex and Eli.

3 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

What a little pun'kin! So cute!

monica said...

Oh so cute and great update!

Liz said...

Just catching up--adorable as always. I just blogged about Ryan's blankey so I can relate to a boy and his blanket. Alex sounds like a great kid!