Friday, November 21, 2008

Winter Outings

I have been thinking since Spring about inexpensive winter outings. The boys are pretty easy to please but I have found that after a few days in the house they are a little, let's see, how should I put this........?, annoying? O.K. that is a bit harsh "challenging". :) I love my children dearly and feel beyond blessed that I have the privilege to be home with them but let's face it they can get a little squirrely, while in hibernation, as can I. So today we hit Target (for Mommy) and then Barnes & Noble to play with their train set. They had a great time and this is definitely one of our free (minus the Target "necessities") outings we will be going on this Winter. The other sanity savers are the Henry Ford museum and story time at the library. I hope to come up with more but this is a great start and Jared and I also set up a pretty cool play room for them in the basement that has allowed me time on the treadmill (which is desperately needed) and I am caught up on laundry (while in the basement it is difficult to avoid it's beckoning stares so I gave in). I guess so far Winter is going well, which is great since it officially STARTS in about a month from now (Dec 21st).

Then again, maybe Alex has the best idea of all. We will just cuddle up under a blanket and read some classics. (This morning he climbed into the rocker with a book and wanted me to put the blanket over his legs.)

6 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh wow, i love the new look! and it changed again, haha! i like the second one too! i am right there with alex...that sounds heavenly!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

THanks, I keep changing it. I am struggling to find something in scrapblog that "goes". I am giving up for now.

Linda said...

I LOVE the pic of him reading under the blanket. Those are great ideas for outings. I'm trying to arrange play dates and do story time too. It's going to be a LONG winter! Nice new look too!

Mariah said...

ahh you changed...you booger! I loved the other one:) But this will work as well. I love you and your boys (all three)

Liz said...

I love the new look. I need help with my new blog look. I'm so dreading the winter although we still are getting out daily. It's not fun with the bulky coats and keeping track of hats and mittens (they only like to wear these in the house as you will see in a future post)

Stephanie said...

I love it!! You are so creative. I make any excuse possible to go to Target. (God's store) Getting out of the house is a must!!