Wednesday, February 20, 2008

April 18, 2007 Were it not for Grace



I'm thinking I should start with the day the boys came into our lives. They were a bit early :) Alexander Cecil and Eli Henry were born at 27 wks. 2 days and weighed 2lbs. 6oz. and 2lbs. 2oz. I developed Pre-eclampsia which progressed into HELLP syndrome and the boys had to be delivered. It was definitely the scariest moment of mine and Jared's life. I wasn't able to see the boys for 2 days. Jared was though and by the time I was able to I swear it seemed he had a nursing degree. He had learned so much about the boys conditions and the machines that were helping to keep them alive. It was very difficult to see our babies fighting for their lives when they should have been snug and content in my womb. Alex stayed in the NICU for 56 days and Eli 77. I am not sure how we got through it other than to say God guided us and his grace was MORE than sufficient. I remember looking at their helpless little bodies, seperated from their parents by plastic and tubes, and thinking that God had already used these little miracles, in their short lives, to teach me more than I could ever hope to teach them. [Photo]
draft
4:42:00 PM
by Becky
Delete
1 – 1 of 1

No comments: