Monday, April 19, 2010

They're 3!

I find it absolutely ridiculous that my babies are 3 years old but it is true. It happened on Sunday. In fact little Mr. Eli said "I not a baby" today for the first time. Ugh! I cannot believe it. They are getting smarter and smarter every day. Jared and I find it impossible to keep up with all the funny things they say. Sometimes what they have to say is funny and sometimes they just sound like little adults which is just as comical.



Eli told me today that Jesus needed to get his balloons for him so that he could sleep with them during nap. This was right after I told him that they could not stay in his room because it wasn't safe. I guess he figured who can override what Jesus does! Too smart, I tell ya! Along with what they are saying there is what they are doing. The boys have always been active and somewhat physical but now they get a little UFC with one another. (I had to check with Jared just now and make sure that is what the scary wrestling where they can break each others bones is called). If Jared so much as skips a day or two without roughhousing with them me and Addison better look out because they are coming for me and my tummy gets in the way. Poor baby has taken some knocks already.



At the same time they still snuggle in my arms and think that Mommy and Daddy's kisses heal all wounds. I cannot say enough about how sweet little boys are and how much they adore their Mommy. That is definitely a perk to having boys. I try and hold onto these moments because I know it won't last forever.



I snuck in and kissed them goodnight last night before I went to bed (Jared and I cannot resist doing this nightly) and they were both asleep. It reminded me that 3 years ago I couldn't even see them, much less hold them and they couldn't have forced me to kiss them. They were too tiny and fragile. I am so thankful for how far they have come and I don't know if I will ever get past a birthday without remembering those scary days at the beginning of their lives. I hope I don't, anyways.



As far as their actual birthday celebration we had a great time with family and friends. The boys were absolutely spoiled. For the past month when I asked them what they wanted for their birthdays their response was "birthday cake". When I asked what kind of presents they wanted Eli responded "a blue one". Um, O.K. They received much more than cake and we feel blessed by all the people who love our boys as much as we do (well, almost).



I am excited to see what this year brings and hope to blog a bit more so that I can keep better track of the hilarity of this age. Three is a lot of fun already although I am pretty sure it is going to have it's share of challenges. A major one being potty training. Ugh!

I'd share b-day pics but I couldn't find my camera. (Thank you pregnancy brain!) My niece took lots of pictures so I just have to get them from her. More posts to come because as I said they are quite the characters lately and lots is going on.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

WOW! Happy birthday Alex! Happy birthday Eli! Congrats mama!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Alex & Eli!! 3 already! Hard to believe.

I teared up when you mentioned the early days and being too fragile...shoot...guess I'm not over it.

Glad they had a great birthday!