Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brothers

The boys are at a really funny stage. They are either best friends or mortal enemies. I sometimes think how easy this is getting (for about 2 seconds) and then I hear screaming evoke and remember that "easy" has NEVER described parenting. :) Today for instance I managed to walk 4 miles WHILE THEY WERE AWAKE and they played beautifully BUT we also started potty training (again) and I had to clean up a few messes, none of which landed NEAR the potty seat. Yeah, not a big success. It definitely has its ups and downs but like I mentioned so does their relationship. I thought these pictures beautifully displayed their love/hate relationship.

This sweetness......

IMG_1280

led to this continued sweetness....

IMG_1285

which inevitably led to a take down by Alex.

IMG_1286

I regularly hear "Come on, Eli" and then moments later "NOOOOO ELI, NOOO!" Yesterday I told the boys to go and get in their beds while I finished picking up the front room and then I'd tuck them in for nap. I walked in Eli's room to see Alex rubbing Eli's head and singing lullabies. PRECIOUS! Moments like these melt my heart while the other not so sweet moments usually end up making me laugh (later, that is, much, much, later)once I am over the pure frustration of it all.

Thank you for all of the congratulations on our upcoming arrival. :)

3 comments:

Lani said...

Aww they are too sweet! !
And congratulations!

monica said...

Great pictures! Love how they get along one moment and then not in the other...mine are like that also!

Erin Burns said...

Popping over from the 500 in 2010 blog. Congrats on Baby #3!! I had to laugh at your tagline "cause Mommy doesn't scrapbook!" That's the very same reason I started my blog. It's my intention to get the blog hardbound each year...but I'm 4 years into it, and have only 1 book so far!